Monday, June 7, 2010

The Flying Dutchie comes home...To doughnuts!


I recently had the pleasure of making the acquaintance of Dutch, an energetic dog from Baltimore whose love of finding mice is matched only by his love of being picked up and spun (Ed. note: Dutch was not able to confirm the latter verbally, though he seemed blissfully resigned to said activity).


The pic was submitted by Lady Giplin and it certainly does look like it was submitted by someone with an MFA! What composition!


The dog: Dutch(ie)

The food: A Wawa Doughnut

The place: The Gilpin/Martin household

The synopsis: I think this is the first one wherein the food pictured is highly appetizing to me, too. Actually, Dutch is pretty funny. I noted during my time with him that he only wanted pistachios until the nut was actually gone--he knew to avoid the shell. But they're so salty, I thought. If I was a dog I would probably chew on the shells thinking that there's GOT to be food in here. But maybe that's why I'm not a dog. Also, my parents weren't dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment